CoinCharlie.com is a website operated by Consilium Credit s.r.o. (Ulica Zichyho 1274/9 Svätý Peter 94657, Slovakia), as virtual currency service provider. Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and related laws, we have a legal duty to protect all personal information we collect from you. If you disagree with this Policy’s terms, please do not use the website services.
The website may contain translations of the English version of the content available on CoinCharlie.com. These translations are provided only as a convenience. In the event of any conflict between the English language version and the translated version, the English language version shall take precedence.
Service or “CoinCharlie.com”
All the fiat-to-cryptocurrency, cryptocurrency-to-fiat, and cryptocurrency-to-cryptocurrency exchange, cryptocurrency wallet services the website CoinCharlie.com provides, including visiting/registering/etc.
Personal Data means any information about a living individual who can be identified by this information (or other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Usage Data is data collected automatically, either generated using the service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit, device identification, operating system, browser type, etc.).
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (desktop computer, tablet PC, or mobile device).
Data Subject (or User/Customer)
Data Subject is any living individual who uses the services provided by CoinCharlie.com and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
Personal information may be collected in several ways when you visit our website. Types of data collected may include:
While using the CoinCharlie.com services, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact and/or identify you. We use personal information to offer you the services you explicitly solicited for, to facilitate safe services, survey customer interest in all our services, update you on offers, services, products, customize your personal experience, safeguard us against any fraud, error, and other kinds of criminal activities. We may periodically request personally identifiable information may include but is not limited to:
- Email address and/or other contact information;
- First and Last Name;
- Address, state, province, ZIP/postal code, city;
- Cookies and usage data;
- Scans/copies of ID documents, photos sent by you, etc.;
- Financial and transactional information. It includes the names of your chosen financial institutions, the number of bank accounts, balance information, trading history, point of sale details, wallet addresses, etc.;
- Identity information. It includes facial images and any other data that can be found in your ID documents and thus used to prove your identity.
- Authentication information. This information can be used to authenticate your identity on CoinCharlie.com, such as username, password, and/or other account information.
We may also collect information on how CoinCharlie.com is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). When you visit our website, some information is automatically gathered using log files, such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your computer’s operating system (OS), the browser type, the address of a referring website, and your activity on the website. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the website, improve customer service, diagnose problems with our servers, etc.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Use of Data
CoinCharlie.com uses the collected data for various purposes:
- to allow you to open and operate an activated account on CoinCharlie.com;
- to identify you as a customer and distinguish you from other users of our service;
- to be able to regularly provide you with functional, secure, and customized services;
- to notify you about changes and upgrades introduced to CoinCharlie.com;
- to allow you to participate in promotional campaigns run by CoinCharlie.com when you choose to do so;
- to send you information for marketing purposes and keep you posted on our latest product announcements and upcoming promotional events;
- to provide timely and professional Customer Care services and establish a better understanding of you as a valued customer or visitor;
- to monitor the usage of the CoinCharlie.com services;
- to detect, prevent and eliminate any technical issues;
- to avoid losses and/or frauds;
- to fulfill all mandatory legal obligations.
- Legal basis for processing personal data under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
CoinCharlie.com may process your personal data due to the following reasons:
- We need to perform a contract with you;
- You have permitted us to do so;
- The processing is in our legitimate interests, and your rights do not override it;
- To comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
Retention of Data
CoinCharlie.com will also retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a short period, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or improve our services and functionality, or we are legally obliged to retain this data for longer periods. By registering on CoinCharlie.com, you give your consent for us to maintain your personal data.
Transfer of Data
Disclosure of Data
In certain situations, we rely on our legitimate business interests to collect and use your personal data. In these situations, we have conducted a balancing test to carefully consider the impact of the processing on your interests, rights, and freedoms. We will only undertake the processing if we are satisfied there is no negative impact on you. CoinCharlie.com may disclose your personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary:
- to comply with a legal obligation;
- to protect and defend the rights or property of CoinCharlie.com or its customers;
- to prevent or investigate any possible wrongdoing in connection with CoinCharlie.com services;
- to protect the personal safety of users of CoinCharlie.com or the public;
- to defend against legal liability.
Security of Data
In accordance with GDPR, we adopt appropriate technical and organizational measures to help prevent unauthorized access to your information and ensure data is held securely. The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. The security measures include firewalls, data encryption, and information access authorization controls. While we are dedicated to securing our website and services, you are responsible for securing and maintaining the privacy of your passwords and account registration information and verifying that the personal data we maintain about you is accurate and current.
Data protection rights under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. CoinCharlie.com aims to take reasonable measures to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your personal data. However, we imply the same rights to all our users from any jurisdiction.
If you wish to be informed what your personal data we hold and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us at support[at]CoinCharlie.com email address. We will do our best to do so as soon as possible unless it is currently not possible due to services provided to you at CoinCharlie.com. In this case, we will fulfill your request after all the obligations under such services are fulfilled.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update, or to delete the information we have on you;
- The right of rectification;
- The right to object;
- The right of restriction;
- The right to data portability;
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your personal data. For more information, please contact your local Data Protection Authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third-party companies and individuals to facilitate CoinCharlie.com (hereinafter referred to as the “Service Providers”), to provide CoinCharlie.com on our behalf, to perform CoinCharlie.com -related services, or to assist us in analyzing how the website is used. These third-parties have access to your personal data to the extent of performance of these tasks on our behalf and are obliged not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Links to Other Websites
Protecting Children’s Privacy
CoinCharlie.com’s products and services are for a general audience and not aimed at children under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect PII from such individuals. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected personal data from a child under the age of 18, we will promptly delete it unless we are legally obligated to retain such data. Contact us directly via the contact form if you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected information from a child under the age of 18.
Establishing Contact with Us and with Other Users
We do not disclose your personal information to any other CoinCharlie.com users unless it is necessary. You agree that, in the course of operating CoinCharlie.com account, it may be required to send to other users, as the case may be, certain transactional information (for example, a unique identifier, etc.); but not your First Name and Last Name, ZIP/Postal address, or payment details. We will not be liable for any use or misuse of the transactional data by others, but you must inform us of any misuse of CoinCharlie.com that you have become aware of. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other CoinCharlie.com users. We reserve the right but have no obligation to monitor disputes between you and other users.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
You can register as a user of our CoinCharlie.com service on the relevant website page. The received data will be used in the operation of our CoinCharlie.com service, as well as to inform you about changes in the scope of our CoinCharlie.com services or any technical changes or for other messages (via email). Registration at CoinCharlie.com includes the entry of the following data:
- Email address;
- AML/KYC Policy information and documents which may be requested during and after registration, such as gender, First Name, Last Name, phone number, address, ID document, photos, etc. See AML/KYC Policy for more information.
Besides, the IP address used for registration, as well as the date of registration, are securely stored in order to prevent the abuse of registration. By adding information from social networking profiles for CoinCharlie.com registration, we receive data from the social network (profile ID, First Name, Last Name, other data according to terms and conditions of social networks). You agree with the processing of your social networking information during registration.
Access Data/Server Log Files
Details of your visit to our CoinCharlie.com website are stored in a log file (the so-called “Server Log File”). We collect (or our internet provider servers) the following data on each access to CoinCharlie.com:
- The IP address of the accessing computer;
- Name of the file requested;
- Date and time of the request;
- Amount of data transmitted;
- Notification of successful request;
- Browser type and version along with the operating system used;
- Referrer URL;
- Requesting provider;
- Screen resolution.
The log data is used by us only for statistical analysis in the context of the operation of CoinCharlie.com. In case of illegal use of our services, the log data also may serve as a resolution in the eventuality of any violation of the law.
Monitoring and Recording
We may monitor, record, store and use any telephone, email, or other means of communication with you to check any instructions given to us for instructional purposes, crime prevention, and in order to improve the quality of our Customer Care Team service.